New Business Start-up Kit


How can we help you?

When starting a business, one of the first things to do is apply for a federal identification number. Then for each employee hired, there are several forms they must complete. You can find all the client forms here, available in downloadable Adobe PDF format.

Forms & Links
SS-4 Application for Federal Identification Number
Regardless of a business' structure (corporation, partnership or sole proprietor), a federal identification number is required to begin. This number is used when paying employment taxes on behalf of employees. The completed Form SS-4 may be sent to the local IRS office via mail, fax or even called-in.

I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification
Each employee a business hires must complete this form and provide supporting documentation. It is the employer's responsibility to keep this form in the employee’s file.

W-4 Employee’s Withholding Allowance Certificate
Every employee must provide their employer with a signed W-4 to indicate the number of withholding allowances to use when calculating their Federal Income Taxes. If employees wish to change their allowances, they must submit a new W-4 to their employer. If a W-4 has not been submitted, employers are required to withhold taxes at the highest rate — single with 0 allowances.

W-5 Earned Income Credit Advance Payment Certificate
Employees who are eligible to receive the Earned Income Credit on their federal tax returns should fill out a W-5, which must be filed with the IRS.

State Web Site Links

TimePlus® & CheckConnect® are registered trademarks of TimePlus® Systems, LLC. Copyright 2013 TimePlus® Payroll